Monday 26 May 2014

How to deal with postpartum hair loss

Hair loss is a common thing after pregnancy, so for first time moms, it's kind of scary. I had hair loss after all my 3 pregnancies and the worst one was after I gave birth to Makoy. I freaked out because the left side of my hair line area was almost getting bald and I thought it would not grow back anymore. It was embarrassing and ugly!
My baby bangs are saying hi! :)

Now, my baby bangs are starting to grow back already, thank God! But, it has been a difficult few months because the super fine and short hair kept sticking up. I can’t put gel or any hair product that I already have because it looks worse. I can’t put clip because the normal hair would be tamed but the baby hair keep standing tall!
So, mommies, there’s nothing else to do but to be patient and wait until they grow back to normal. But in the mean time, here are some tips on how you can deal with postpartum hair loss.

  1. Eat well and take vitamins. This will keep your hair healthier and stronger so they can hang on to your scalp better.
  2. Use a good hair conditioner and use a wide-toothed combed to minimize tangling.
  3. Tie your hair in a bun or a pony tail (not too tightly). Make sure it’s out of reach of your baby. You don’t want your baby to cause more hair loss by pulling them out.
  4. Don’t wrap your wet hair in a towel too tightly. Your hair line will get mad and bail on you if you do.
  5. Be patient. Your hair will grow back to normal before your baby’s first birthday.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joy! And I thought I was alone in this! My suffered MAJOR hair loss with my eldest. The worst part was the hair loss was on my front hairline! I looked so bad, receding hairline tuloy. It has grown back but not 100%. Kaya I was so scared of the hairloss when I gave birth to my son. Thank goodness it wasn't as bad, but still there was hair loss :(

    I super hated the baby hair!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts